How long since I’ve participated? Forever and a day! I don’t think I even have the link on this new(er) blog. I’ll have to find that…anywho, here is one of my very favorite recipes of all time!
- 1 medium head cabbage
- water to cover
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- garlic powder to taste (could also use fresh minced if you desire!)
- 1 egg
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- Place the head of cabbage in a large pot over high heat and add water to cover. Boil cabbage for 15 minutes, or until it is pliable and soft. Drain and allow to cool completely. Remove the hard outer vein from the leaves.
- Pour 1/2 can of soup in bottom of 13×9 pan.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the beef, onion, rice, 1 can of the soup, garlic powder and the egg, mixing well. Place a small amount, about the size of your palm, into the center of a cabbage leaf and fold leaf over, tucking in the sides of the leaf to keep meat mixture inside.
- Pour remaining soup over top of cabbage rolls. Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 60 minutes.
I use both cans of soup, but you can adjust this if you need too (if your mixture is too wet, add a little more rice, or if it’s too dry, add a little more soup.) I love to serve this with mashed potatoes and sauteed brussel sprouts. Yummo!